Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Sorry I've been MIA! Last Tuesday I picked up my 83yo Aunt Nena from the hospital and brought her home to my house for a little R&R. She kept me busy to say the least. I'm just so grateful to have a guest room on the main floor for her convenience. I took her to an appointment and dropped her off at home yesterday, and we all miss her already.

Thought I'd post a Halloween pic of my brood. Kyle is missing from this one, he has officially outgrown trick-or-treating, and preferred to hang out with his friend. No worries, I had him covered, we had plenty of candy left over, including his favorite (and mine!) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yummmmm.

As you can see, Cass was a hippie, Jordan a football player, Alex and Nate were knights. Ken and I dressed in theme with the boys, so I was (and am!) a queen, and Ken was my Knight in Shining Tinfoil! Seriously, I told him about 2pm on Halloween that I wanted him to make a costume out of cardboard, and cover it with tin foil, and the man came through! I just wish we had photos of me taping him into his costume, lol!!

We trick-or-treated around the neighborhood and all came home by 8:30. We hosted a post-trick-or-treating Halloween party for some friends (adults upstairs, kids downstairs) from 9:30-midnight which was a blast. We went til 2am, and I want you to know Aunt Nena hung in there the whole time, not willing to miss a thing!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

So glad to hear Aunt Nena is doing well! Sounds like your family had a blast for Halloween. Not so much here.